Download Yosemite DMG
If you are a Mac computer user who is planning to upgrade to the Download Yosemite DMG, you have come to the right place. We give you the relevant official download links to get your MacOS upgraded to the Yosemite DMG. If you are new to this update of the Mac operating system, you can’t just execute the upgrade without researching about the version. So here we have come for your help by giving you a complete review of the Download Yosemite DMG, so you can understand its features and functionality well by reading this article. So are you ready to upgrade your MacOS to the OS X Yosemite? Then let’s go for it.
Brief Introduction to Download Yosemite DMG
Download Yosemite DMG is the eleventh major version of the MacOS which serves as the graphical operating system to the Mac computers. This version was released to the public use on October 16, 2014, after launching on June 2, 2014, at WWDC 2014. The Apple Inc. has developed this version of MacOS by adding improvements to the previous MacOS version and by adding initializing features to the system. Although it may seem like a bit older version, people still use it on their Mac computer and it is still very famous among all the Apple device lovers. Mac users who are currently using the OS X Mavericks can upgrade their OS to the Download Yosemite DMG and the OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) users can downgrade the OS to the Yosemite as well.
What is a DMG Image?
A DMG file, which is also known as a DMG image is a mountable disk image created for the Mac OS X. It has the raw block data normally compressed and sometimes encrypted. DMG files are often used to install OS X software that is downloaded from the internet to mount a virtual disk on the Mac PC when opened. The DMG files are specific for the Mac computers, not for the Windows computers. However, the Window Daemon Tools may be able to mount virtual drives from DMG images, and some other utilities may be able to convert DMG files to a Windows recognizable format. Long story short, the DMG files are mostly used for the Mac OS X software and Download Yosemite DMG is one of that software.
Versions of MacOS
- Mac OS X 10.0 (Cheetah)
- Mac OS X 10.1 (Puma)
- Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar)
- Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- OS X 10.10 (Download Yosemite DMG)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Features of Download Yosemite DMG
- The windows in this Mac OS update has a green ‘Zoom’ button to enter the full-screen of the windows. So you can enter full-screen instead of enlarging the windows size with this feature.
- The Safari has been added DuckDuckGo search engine and the ability to close the Safari tabs remotely by using an iDevice.
- The Download Yosemite DMG has a custom history clearing option for the Safari. You can use it to clear the history and cookies of the last hour, day or week.
- Some of the stock applications such as Safari and Mail has been updated in this Mac operating system version.
- The search box in the Spotlight feature now displays in the middle of the screen. It shows you the results from various online sources such as Bing, Maps, and Wikipedia.
- The Photos feature has been updated as the iPhoto and Aperture in the Download Yosemite DMG update. And you can use the iCloud photo library and upload the photos across the devices.
- The Notification Center has a ‘Today’ section which displays the information and the updates from various sources and widgets. This feature is similar to the iOS 8 ‘Today’ feature.
- The Continuity feature increases the integration with the other Apple services. So that you can make/ answer call and send/ receive messages, activate personal hotspot, and load items on the mobile apps in the Download Yosemite DMG update.
- The display of the Download Yosemite DMG is simple and thus, it is easy to use. It has dark and light color schemes, new icons, Lucida Grande with Helvetica Neue as the system typeface defaults.
Related Versions of Download Yosemite DMG
- OS X 10.10.5 Delta update 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 (1.02 GB)
- OS X 10.10.5 Combo update 10.10 to 10.10.5 (2.12 GB)
- OS X 10.10.4 Delta update 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 (1.09 GB)
- OS X 10.10.4 Combo update OS X 10.10.x to 10.10.4 (2.02 GB)
- OS X 10.10.3 Delta update 10.10.2 to 10.10.3 (1.52 GB)
- OS X 10.10.3 Combo update 10.10.x to 10.10.3 (2 GB)
- OS X 10.10.2 Delta update 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 (554.3 MB)
- OS X 10.10.2 Combo update 10.10.x to 10.10.2 (841.1 MB)
Requirements to Download Yosemite DMG
- iMac – Mid 2007 or later
- MacBook – Aluminum Late 2008 and Early 2009 or later
- MacBook Pro – 13-inch, Mid-2009 or later; 15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later; 17-inch, Late 2007 or later
- MacBook Air – Late 2008 or later
- Mac Mini – Early 2009 or later
- Mac Pro – Early 2008 or later
- Xserve – Early 2009
- MacBook Air – Mid 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro – Mid 2012 or later
- iMac – Late 2012 or later
- Mac Mini – Late 2012 or later
- Mac Pro – Late 2013